Austrian affiliate of global biotechnology company
Reducing undertreatment by identifying structured barriers, system imperative and professional dilemmas that impact patient prescription
Identify levers to improve and associate solutions to optimise the patient pathway and develop cross-functional solutions to solve barriers, imperatives and dilemmas per hospital.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client:
- Created one generic patient-centric patient care pathway for 13 hospitals.
- Defined the role of 8 different health care organisations within the patient care pathway.
- Developed one national patient potential calculation model.
- Redesigned the adoption ladder from product specific to customer-centric.
- Mapped and rationalised 50 cross-functional solution offerings and activities on the adoption ladder.
- Prioritised the top 5 health care professionals per health care organisation and mapped them on the adoption ladder.
- Developed 4 cross-functional, multi-channel solution / activity-flows to drive progression on the adoption ladder.
- Developed a cross-functional hospital plan template including guidelines and instructions.
- Created one hospital plan, including objectives, targets, KPI.s, and cross-functional multichannel engagement flows.
“Been Management Consulting created structure, increased focus and enabled my team to move from activity towards result-focused customer-centric account plans. The way they engage is hard on the facts and with respect for the people. As a result, they create buy-in, get things moving and focus on sustainable embedding. It was fun working with them.”
General Manager Affiliate Austria
- A continuous improvement culture is an opportunity to challenge the current status quo to realise the untapped potential.
- A lot of customer, patient insights and measures are available but a structure to identify the gaps and translate the existing data into actionable insights is missing.
- No comprehensive view on the number of potential patients and how to optimise diagnostics and treatment.
- Bottlenecks and challenges across the patient pathways on a regional level are mostly know, but there was no structural, cross functional approach to overcoming these.
- To drive impact and progression the current segmentation and targeting can be improved to increase progression and impact.
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities are needed to enable fact-based decision making and continuous learning within the team.
- Co-create patient pathway analyses, including the number of patients and identify improvements across the patient pathway.
- Co-create adoption ladder including definitions criteria and key activities to drive progress per step in line with the patient pathway identified improvements.
- Map hospitals on the adoption ladder and quantify the number of patients (eligible, prescribed, market share).
- Co-create hospital plans, including potential, targets, actionable activities, including behavioural objectives and KPIs.