A Master Data Management (MDM) department transforms into a global organisation – from organisation design to implementation of change projects.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client deliver:
- Develop an organisation design and operating model for a global MDM organisation;
- Conduct a Change Impact Assessments with stakeholders.
- Define change projects and interventions to implement the new organisation.
- Create engagement, ownership and involvement within the MDM team to guide them through the transformation.
- Establish a basis and set up a framework to roll out a phased change approach across the various geographical regions.
- Involve stakeholders in the local organisation directly to guide the changes at the right level.
- This international pharmaceutical company is undergoing a major change. Local processes are centralized on a global level, with the implementation of a new ERP system as the underlying driver.
- Until now the focus is on designing and preparing the Supply Chain processes and little to none on the supporting master data processes.
- The Head of Supply Chain EMEA foresees major risks and problems if the local MDM departments are not included in this global transformation quickly.
- He asks Been Management Consulting to support with the design of the future global MDM organisation, the execution of a Change Impact Assessment, the creation of a Business Readiness plan and the implementation of the required change initiatives.
- Been Management Consulting starts with a work session to determine the scope of the new department. The discussion about scoping entails three dimensions: processes, systems and type of master data.
- We organise two workshops to make the conceptual organisation design. The workshops are largely based on the Strategy Map framework.
- The conceptual organisation design is the basis for a first Change Impact Assessment with direct stakeholders. The outcomes of the discussions with stakeholders are input for further detailing of the organisation design and the required change initiatives.
- By engaging in discussions with stakeholders, we identify the needs, concerns and wishes of internal customers. We also define an operating model based on these discussions.
- We compose a Business Readiness Plan. This plan describes all the required change interventions and projects to prepare the future MDM organisation for Business Readiness.
- We coach the MDM team in the transformation. We organise workshops discuss what the change exactly means for them and what they need to successfully transform.
- We place all necessary interventions and projects within the team to create support and ownership.