An international pharmaceutical company implements a serialisation strategy in a dynamic and changing environment.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client:
- Define serialisation strategy pending on the different jurisdictions in close cooperation with head quarters in Japan.
- Implement and lead of serialisation projects to enable readiness and delivery in time according to different legislation locally.
- Work together to create a setup for quality organisation to establish a vision and action serialisation
- The client ended their global serialisation program, but serialisation activities and on-going projects need to be embedded into the already ongoing transition within the organisation.
- Existing setup doesn’t effectively meet the need to establish serialisation strategy according global vision and local jurisdictional legislation to realise implementation of the related projects.
- The client requests to deliver serialisation according legislation in time and according client's vision and strategy for the coming five years.
We establish and implement a pragmatic project network focused approach to increase focus and priority setting for strategy definition and implementation of the serialisation projects. This results in global acknowledgment of the complexity to realise a serialisation strategy and implementation in time according to legislation. The approach consists of:
- Establishing a global leadership network and project design team to analyse, discuss and define product strategy for serialisation of different jurisdictions within EMEA (e.g. Europe, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Egypt, and South Africa).
- Defining an implementation team to roll out the serialisation implementation as agreed in the design phase.
- Implementing project management tools (e.g. team meeting, steering team, and dashboards) to monitor and control readiness in time.
- Attending monthly EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations, which represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe) meeting to gather understanding and input.
- Organising meetings with other pharmaceutical companies to discuss serialisation, share ideas and concerns.
- Reaching out to other related areas in the organisation which need to drive serialisation, so business as usual process is guaranteed.