The world’s leading independent biotechnology company increases focus and prioritisation for multiple affiliates by adopting an account-based approach based on insights.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client:
- Enable double digit growth in sales volume. 60% of growth comes from this new account-based way of working, according to a Sales Manager.
- Increase focus – we reduced 70% of activities which did not have impact or influence on the account adoption ladder.
- Deliver account plans for priority accounts
- Train and coach all stakeholders in account-based working.
- This biotech company desires to deliver value to its customers by using data for better insights. To do so, they need to address their needs via the right channel in the most efficient and superior way across all positions of the adoption ladder, with a focus on established and launch products.
- A better understanding of the (speed) uptake after reimbursement is needed to maximize RX (i.e. doctors prescribing this medication with current eligible patients) and new reimbursement.
- A lack of detailed understanding of customer persona’s and journeys hampers a customer centric (value) proposition to run effective campaigns necessary to move customers and payers on the adoption ladder.
- Existing content and channels do not effectively meet the need of the different segments of customers and payers to move them up the adoption ladder by the channel of their choice.
The team introduces and implements a pragmatic account focussed approach, which supports focus and setting the right priorities. This results in velocity uptake of the account adoption and top line growth. The approach consists of:
- Account adoption ladder: provides uniformity and transparency on current state of the DMU. It helps measure progress at each position and increases velocity of sales uptake.
- Customer insights and journey: these are a core component of the commercial and engagement strategy. Gaining unique insights and leverage points of the target audience, allows to tailor communications to the specific needs on each position.
- Account planning: a method to prioritise accounts by sales, sales potential, access & feasibility, and influence level.
- Account-relevant messages, content and interactions: serves customers with solutions, content and communications based on the leverage points and insights on the adoption ladder across all channels.