World’s leading independent biotechnology company creates a multi-year partnership with a key account. They set out to reshape delivery of healthcare propositions to improve patient's well-being.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client:
- Deliver a multi-year multi-project strategic partnership between the client and their most important account.
- Deliver the contract for the partnership that is now used as template for all future strategic partnerships.
- Deliver selection criteria for prioritising projects within partnership.
- Facilitate installation of program governance, program stakeholder management, program risk management and communications plan to keep all stakeholders aligned.
- Shape a roadmap for program projects to facilitate project managers in project execution.
- Deliver the program business case to keep partnership on track.
- The world’s leading independent biotech company recognizes market dynamics in healthcare delivery and the need for the pharmaceutical industry to shift from being solely a provider of medicine towards contributing in a broader sense to patient well-being.
- This organisation sets out a vision on their and other stakeholders’ role in the value chain for delivering Value Based Healthcare.
- To help shape the vision, the organisation will set-up long-term (multi-year) partnerships with key accounts. Together they develop shared ambitions towards the future of healthcare delivery.
- A large hospital in the Netherlands is one of the key accounts in scope. Negotiations are however stalling. Firstly due challenges defining a shared ambition. Secondly capturing this in strategic goals. Thirdly defining projects to contribute to these goals and finally poor stakeholder management.
- The client approaches Been Management Consulting to facilitate realisation of the strategic partnership.
- The Been team facilitates strategy exploration workshops and as a result we develop a joint multi-year strategic goal for the partnership that contributes to a win-win-win situation. Together, they set out to increase patient well-being, optimise the (organisation of) care delivery and explore the future role of the pharmaceutical industry.
- The Been Management Consulting team puts in place a solid governance model, in which all stakeholders (formal and informal) are identified. This includes communication plans for timely involvement of stakeholders, project plans – to make sure projects are addressing the right challenges and scope –, and reporting structures, which provide transparency on progress and make sure projects are delivered on time in full.
- The organisation installs project managers who oversee execution of projects belonging to the partnership. They use the programme management framework to steer towards joint results of the partnership.