Implementation of the operating model by creating clarity about roles and responsibilities, plus accelerating strategy execution through behavioral change.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client:
- Provide thirteen role descriptions for the most important customer facing roles, including responsibilities, interlocks with other roles, KPIs, skills & desired behaviour.
- Describe ten RACIs (Responsible, Account-able, Consulted, Informed): clarifying the biggest issues within the operating model.
- Create a behavioural framework for the desired way of working to speed up the realisation of the strategy.
- Kick-start behaviour change per country:
- Improve integration with more than 500 leaders and employees within the new company (instead of pre-merger subgroups).
- Measure on average over 35% positive behavioural change in the first months.
- Embed change by making the new way of work part of the country strategy: behaviour is on the agenda of the management team and agile work groups.
- The company originated in 2017 from a merger between two global technology players and is active in more than seventy countries on the B2B market. The company has 130,000 employees and $ 25 billion in revenue.
- The company is also undergoing an internal transformation to change its business model from outsourcing and infrastructure to value added services and to be a partner in digital transformations.
- During the integration, the high-level operating model was designed, but not yet fully deployed. As a result, the company faces the following challenges:
- Responsibilities within the stated operating model are not always clear.
- Roles are often unclear to employees and do not contain any behavioral component.
- There is a need for inspiring top-down communication by leaders.
- Management teams struggle to get their teams being involved in the country’s strategy and to take ownership.
With a balance between a structured and agile approach, Been Management Consulting facilitates leaders and employees to promote post-merger integration throughout the region and to accelerate strategy per country.
Activities for the Northern Europe region:
- Establish success profiles and RACI’s: comprehensible outline for roles & responsibilities within the operating model.
- Establish a behaviour framework: five focus areas that are necessary to remain relevant in the market.
- Formal communication: inspire employees by linking essential working methods to results.
Activities in five countries (The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland): ‘One approach, not one size fits all.’
- Work sessions: activating leaders and employees by clarifying the country's strategy, further shaping associated behaviour and developing improvement initiatives to contribute.
- Micro actions: to stimulate desired culture and behaviour in the workplace and to form new habits based on it.
- Ambassadors network: representatives per role provide feedback and carry out the change to the teams.
- Communication: bringing the changes to life through newsflashes, staff meetings, and blogs.