Develop the future of the Finance function
Össur defines an ambitious Finance vision, translated into clear goals and a roadmap to realise the vision, to support the company's growth strategy.
The team of Been Management Consulting and the client:
- Set out the Finance strategic direction and create a ‘one-team mentality in the Finance leadership team.
- Create oversight over the Finance strategic agenda in the short and long term.
- Ensure that the Finance strategy is future proof and in line with the growth strategy of the business.
- Develop standardised vision one-pagers for Finance and each of the departments.
- Convert the bold steps from the one-pagers into an actionable roadmap supported with clear governance, providing Finance with the right tools to implement the vision.
- Create awareness at the Finance management team to focus on running and changing the business using a head and heart approach.
“The Been Management Consulting team brought the right combination of expertise and experience. They challenged and supported us in the development of a Finance vision 2025 and actionable roadmap, as one team. What sets them apart is the focus on head and heart, the eye for team dynamics and their pragmatic approach to come to a uniform vision. It was fun working with them, and I would highly recommend them if you need a consultancy firm which rolls up sleeves and goes the extra mile to make impact.”
Jos van Poorten, vice president of Finance
- Össur is a global leader in non-invasive orthopaedics; innovating, producing, and providing advanced technological solutions within the prosthetics and bracing & supports market.
- The corporate strategy focuses on realising growth, amongst others, via an emerging market access strategy, clinics forward integration and a continued general M&A strategy.
- The mission of Finance is to become a best-in-class business support function that enables corporate strategy.
- The first steps to realise this mission have been taken, but these initiatives started as separate components, not as part of an integrated plan.
- There is a need at Finance and its departments to have a clearly described vision, supported with an actionable roadmap that details how to accomplish this vision
- The joint team Össur and Been Management Consulting create a compelling vision one-pager for Finance and its departments (Business Control, Finance Control, Finance Shared Services Centre, Global Tax & FP&A) using a ‘head and heart’ approach.
- The one-pager describes the vision (statement of the three-year dream), essential themes (description of the most important enablers of the vision) and the bold steps (leaps the team must make to accomplish the vision).
- We implement the Strategy Execution Quick scan, a standard tool developed by Been Management Consulting, to objectively measure the current and future strategy execution level.
- We identify and rank gaps based on the quick scan and observations from interviews and workshops.
- We enable the team to formulate short term actions and long term deliverables to work towards the vision.
- We design and implement clear governance with a bi-weekly cadence to ensure sustainable implementation.
- Key gaps are bridged during the project. Firstly, by identifying levers to accelerate change initiatives in the Finance Shared Services Centre. Secondly, by creating a Finance operational planning to access emerging markets.
- With this approach, the Finance leadership team can interact on the new vision and actionable roadmap with direct reports, the entire Finance department, and key internal stakeholders such as the executive committee and senior leadership.